Are you falling into the disappointment trap?
If you’re looking around at your life feeling like you want that “something more”, fearful that life isn’t looking like it will turn out how you’d hoped and worried that you may never be able to live out your dream, then you may be falling into the 30’s disappointment trap. You expected to be high flying in your career, raking in the dollar, settled with your life partner, thinking about a family, buying a home or just…well…something MORE.
Life’s big secret you were never told you at school.
Don’t panic though, there’s no need to reach for the balaclava and baseball bat, you don’t have to go to war with life, it’s just a trap and ALL traps can be avoided if you know they are there.
So let’s push back a second. I’m sure your twenties were really good fun, a little wild and unsettled but treasured with “we were crazy” memories. Now, in your 30’s, you’re starting to feel more grounded, you know who you are, what you like and what you need, however something still feels missing?
It’s not surprising, and you’re not alone because there is a BIG secret I want to share with you that they probably didn’t tell you at school. Before I do though, I want to share with you 10 reasons why people in their 30’s fall into this disappointment trap.
- Deep down you know exactly what you want to do but you doubt you can do it
- You don’t fully believe that you deserve the life you so desire
- You’re scared of failure which prevents you from trying
- You believe things about yourself that are false but they keep you in your comfort zone
- You’re waiting to feel ready
- You compare yourself to others
- You thought it would all just happen
- You think you’re not a lucky person
- You’re holding on to what you were told life should look like at this age
- You worry what others think of you
Which one of these reasons resonates with you?
Now you have an idea of what the disappointment trap looks like and what’s drawing you closer to it, you need to know how to avoid it.
Just one more thing though, before I share the big secret with you.
How much longer are you prepared to live feeling dissatisfied with life? Yes, life is probably good, I bet you’ve got some good mates, you still have good times, and life’s good but… there’s a BIG BUT.
So, what’s better than good?
AMAZING, FABULOUS, INCREDIBLE, AWESOME, GREAT, FANTASTIC…
That’s what the disappointment trap is holding you back from. Yes, the above is possible. It’s not just something you see in the movies. I personally took my life from CRAPPY to HAPPY and BLAH to BLOODY BRILLIANT.
You’re feeling a bit ishy, happy’ish, inspired’ish, fulfilled’ish. Well I have news for you, there’s something fishy about ishy, it’s never quite enough is it?
Here’s what they never told you in school. Yes they said we could do anything we wanted to do or be anything we want to be and that we all have potential – blah di blah di blah – but what they forgot to bloody tell us was HOW? Really, HOW do we harness that greatness that lives within us that enables us to believe we can do it, that we deserve it, that it can happen to us, that you don’t have to be ready and how not to be scared of failing.
THE BIG SECRET
Part 1. You have to start with what’s holding you back on the inside to create what you want to see on the outside
Part 2. Then you have to DO.
You can do all the visualising you like and you can read The Secret as many times as you like, but the truth is, if you don’t take action, nothing will change.
You may well be an amazing singer, have a bestselling book inside of you or have an idea for time travel but if you don’t do anything about it, well then, you haven’t done anything about it.
DO SOMETHING TO OVERCOME YOUR PROCRASTINATION TODAY, THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER.
- Are you a 30-40 something woman?
- Are you a successful professional?
- Are you smart and hard working?
If you answered yes to the above, keep reading…
- You’re confident and happy on the outside – life is good – but inwardly, you feel lost, stuck and directionless?
- You want to be doing something that is more fulfilling, more exciting and…well…more, YOU?
- You’re going around in circles trying to figure it out, which drives you crazy, because ordinarily you’re an action taker?
- You’re sensing that you were MEANT to see this post today?
Then you were, because I wrote it FOR you and I’m here to HELP.
- I have eight years of experience in the self-growth and development industry.
- I’m a certified life, business and executive coach with The International Coaching Federation.
- I have spent over 2500 hours helping smart and ambitious women just like you, accelerate change in their lives.
What’s next? Read the statements below and if all three are a yes, take action:
- I want to move forward
- I want to be doing something I love
- I want to invest in myself because I’m worth it
I have five new openings to work with me, starting in September.
If you would like to discover how coaching can personally work for you, email me now – email@example.com – to book a free discovery call. Spaces are limited and reserved only for you if you are serious about the potential of working with a coach.