So often I hear people say that they don’t think they have what it takes to be a life coach because they don’t have THEIR life figured out yet.
Or that they’re not sure that they’re confident enough or that they will know how to show up on social media.
Well, that’s just FEAR talking.
Plus, the holding on to the ‘how’ – how do I go about getting clients, how do I set up a business, etc. How = holding on to worry
Guess what? You don’t need to have your whole life sorted out to become a life coach!
Hey, you don’t even have to be the most confident person.
Or know how you’re going to get clients or manage your social media profile.
If you even have the slightest feeling like this is a career for you (you know that feeling in the pit of your stomach that this could be your calling?), then this IS THE RIGHT path for you.
So, what type of person makes a good life coach?
Honestly, I think anyone who genuinely wants to be and has the desire to help others, but here are the qualities that I look for when hiring coaches:
- You enjoy helping people, seeing others succeed, and are who your friends come to for advice
- You are a generally positive person (don’t worry we all have rubbish days)
- You feel like you want to make a difference in the world
- You’re perhaps feeling a bit stuck right now and thirsty to learn something new
- Maybe you’re already in a role that’s helping people, like in HR, account management, or marketing
- Or perhaps you’re already a business owner and looking to change direction slightly
- You would like more freedom and flexibility in your life to have balance and do more of what you love
- You want to be in control of your earning potential and create a great income by being your own boss
See, I’ve not said you need to be a master of social media, public speaking, or sales (because that can all be taught) but what you do need is the right attitude and mindset.
If you’re looking for a career where you can transform both your life and the lives of others, then I couldn’t think of anything better than becoming a Life Coach.
So, here’s my advice for becoming a successful life coach:
1. The first thing you need to do is say ‘YES’
Say yes to this vision and take a moment to see how exciting that feels.
2. Don’t worry about the ‘HOW’ and all the steps in between
This is when fear creeps in and you start trying to have it all figured out before you’ve even got going.
3. Don’t ask for other people’s validation
If you feel like this is your calling, don’t look for other people like your partner or mates to approve this. You will likely get all sorts of opinions that might throw you off your course.
4. Find a good course (with a certification)
Make sure you do your research. There are lots of quick/cheap courses out there and in my opinion, this process can’t be rushed. If you are serious about transforming the lives of others, you need all the support and tools that an amazing course like Become a Coach will give you. Plus, something that is accredited by The International Coach Federation (ICF).
5. Consider meditation
This has been so helpful for me throughout my personal development and career growth. Change can feel overwhelming, and a typical reaction to this is to overthink. Quieten the noise by practicing some meditation each day. Even just five minutes each morning is a great start.
Becoming a Life Coach has been the best decision I ever made.
Since 2010 I have been dedicated to exploring what makes me truly happy and helping others to do the same. There is nothing more rewarding than helping other people find their purpose and true happiness in life. Not only that, personally, I’m rocking a body I love because I’m two stone lighter, no longer drinking, binging, obsessing, or living for a future that hasn’t happened yet. The transformation has been truly amazing.
If you do feel like this could be your calling, I’d be so happy to talk to you and give you some more information and/or advice so that you can be sure it’s right for you.
I have a dedicated free clarity call just for you. To find out more and to book your time with me so that you can get all of your questions answered, click below.
HI, I’M LYDIA KIMMERLING
I’ll help you explore and discover more of what makes you happy.
click here to discover more!
Get Started With Three Steps
Find Out What Your Happiness Block is
Move Your Life Forward In 7-Days